Friday 27 May 2016

Week 4 Reflection

Numeracy - WALT: create a slideshow sharing the steps of how to solve a decimal problem. I learnt how to explain the steps in a slideshow.




Writing - WALT: create a newspaper article from a certain part in the book 'Charlotte's Web'. I learnt how to retell the parts in the story into a newspaper article.


The amazing spider ‘Charlotte’.

At Zuckerman’s barn just out of Rutherglen early this morning when Lurvy the farm hand was giving the pig his food he spotted words in an amazing spider's web saying ‘Some pig’. It was above Wilbur’s pig pen in the doorway.
When he had noticed he had quickly went to tell the farm owner , Mr Homer Zuckerman. Zuckerman had rushed straight down to see with his wife. They also thought it was amazing. The pig and his friend certainly were amazing.
“We certainly agree that Wilbur and his friend are certainly amazing” agreed Lurvy. “I reckon the spider did it to distract the Zuckermans and Lurvy so they think she, Charlotte, is amazing and they will decide to not kill her friend Wilbur” said the neighbour. The Zuckerman’s said “We really think that the pig and his friend are very amazing”.
Open day
Mr Zuckerman is going to have an opening day to celebrate what the spider has done and you can also see the words in the web. Come on Sunday 29th May 2016. All welcome. Please bring your own picnic of food if you are going to stay long enough. See you there.





Writing - I have learnt where different punctuation marks can be used. I think I know where most of the punctuation marks can be used.


Trapped - I found the activities on this website a bit tricky. Here is a screencastify of my playing the game 'Trapped'.



Reading - I have learnt how to change a word into another word with the same meaning. I am getting better at it but it is still a bit tricky.




Buddy Work - This week 2 Syndicate 1 classes came into Mamaku. We buddied up and created a slideshow all about them. Here is me and my buddy's slideshow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.