Friday 19 August 2016

Book Week 2016

Book Week 2016

This week was Book Week. Book Week is where we do different activities to do with books. Here is what we did for Book Week.

Every day we had a challenge to find a golden ticket that had been hidden around the school. The person who found it got a prize with lots of books. 

Before Monday every class needs to have a door decorated. The door has to be something to do with a book. My class is doing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the BFG.  

There was a colouring competition that you can take from the library. You had to hand it in by the end of the week. There was prizes for each syndicate. 
Image result for colouring in pencils
When you issue a book out from the library you can guess how many lolly worms are in the jar. If you guess the right number you get the whole jar of lolly worms! I guessed 125, I think!
On Monday at lunchtime we got to go out on the court and draw our favourite character from a book. I drew Willy Wonka. He was a stick person because I had to go and do the PE Shed. 

On Tuesday we buddy reading with our buddy. I only got to read with my buddy and another kid for about 5 minutes because I had to do an ICAS Exam for a while. 
After school at 6 o' clock we got to go to Nga Manawa in our PJ's and read stories and show our parent/s the new library. Some people got spot prizes. My sister got a cook book for a prize.

On Wednesday there were no activities that happened but the golden ticket was still there to find. We still got to work on the door display. 
Image result for golden ticket
On Thursday we had Wacky Thursday. We got to dress up wacky. I had a lot of things that were wacky. Here is what I had.
Hair
Shoes (Odd)
Socks (Odd)
Pants (Pajamas)
Suspenders 
Clown Nose on my head
Tutu

Today we had Book Character Day. Book Character day is when you dress up as a character from a book. I dressed up as 'The Very Cranky Bear' with antlers, mane and stripes. Every year the teachers dress up as characters from a book. They act out a part of the story. This year they acted out Harry Potter. My Mum is a teacher so she dressed up as one of the characters. She was Professor Snape with a pretend wand and pretend book of potions.  


Thank you Mrs Costello (our librarian) for making Book Week so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.