Friday 25 August 2017

Week 5 Reflection T3 2017

This week for writing we are learning about the whitebait life cycle and also a salmons life cycle. 
We had to use videonot.es to write down about a salmons life cycle. Then we had to write notes in a plan about a whitebait life cycle as well as creating a diagram. We also had to have one piece of free write to publish. I chose to do my writing on Endangered Species. 

For Word Work we had to found out about 5 terms that relates to a whitebait life cycle. For this we used a TIP chart which means 'Term, Information and Picture'. 

Link to TIP Chart

For reading we had to do a pre-reading activity about endangered animals. There were statements that you had to agree or disagree with. Then at the bottom there was a box where we could write down what we already knew about NZ endangered animals. 

For Maths this week we had to complete a problem solving slide the teacher had set for us. There was a couple of trial and error activities where you try and solve the answer. If you couldn't get it you could just have a really good try at it. We also had to learn the strategies that we got wrong in our diagnostics test and create a DLO about each of them. 

1 comment:

1. H it's Mum. I like your DLOs and how you have used diagrams to explain mulitplying and dividing decimals. Just check out the multiplying one where the arrow is pointing to the left - shouldn't it be the right?

ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.