Tuesday 20 September 2016

Literacy/Topic Reflection W8 T3

For literacy and topic this week we had to look up a website and choose a place. The website is called Google Sight Seeing. There were about 10 places that you could choose from. The places were all around the world but I chose Venice because it looked like a cool place to study. Here is a link to the website that has facts about the places on it. You have to scroll to the bottom to find the different places. Website

Venice



Earth Picker
Miss Panther let us use a website called Earth Picker. A picture came up on our screen.We could rotate around a 360 degrees turn. We used road signs, landmarks and buildings in the picture to help us find out where in the world it was. You had to pin point where in the world you thought it was. We used google maps and google to find out where it might be in the world. 

3 comments:

  1. Tena koe Reagan! Its Katelynn F from the hub! This is a great topic reflection and there is lots of facts that I didn't know about Venice! Maybe next time when you put links into videos put them in the post because I can't click them! I also like how you have put a link to the site we used so we can see where you got the information! Maybe next time you could tell us if it was easy or if you found it hard! Did you enjoy researching Venice? For mine I chose The Eiffel Tower and Guess what?! I found heaps I didn't know! Miharo! (Amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venice was my favourite place when I went around Europe. It is wonderful there with no cars and having to walk everywhere. I was walking around these old, beautiful streets one day and thought it was funny that there was an old little shop in the corner and it was a McDonalds! There were pigeons everywhere in the squares. That was the only part I didn't like. I can't wait to take you there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a turn at Earth Picker. That was fun. I was close with 2 places but useless on the other ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.