Friday 31 March 2017

Literacy Reflection W9 T1

This week for literacy we have been doing word work and writing. For writing we have been writing our camp reflection in paragraphs. I found this writing quite fun.

Writing
We went to lots of places there to learn about different things like mining, history and lots more. On the way we went to Mitchell’s Gully Goldmine. One of the workers told us about the mine and then we went on a bush walk which was an old minecart track. Then we went for a toilet stop at Constant Bay and then headed to the Nile River for a swim. The water was ice cold but we still swam and jumped of a massive rock into the water. When I got out of the water I could hardly feel anything, I was so cold. Once I had got dressed I went to play on the swing that was hanging from a tree with Katelin. When everyone had got out of the water and had got dressed we went to the Seal Colony at Cape Foulwind. We walked to see the seals and then walked a bit further to see signs that told you how far away other countries were. When we got back to the beach we got into groups and made a sand sculpture. My group made a mermaid. The next day we went to the Westport i-site/museum and then to Denniston. We learnt a lot about mining that day and also the history.

Every night while some of the parents were making tea we went down to swimming pool for about an hour. On the way home we went to the Blacks Point Museum in Reefton where we learnt about mining but also about the Victorian times. After we went to the museum we went to the camping ground to have a play and something to eat. Simon and Dad were kicking up the ball that we were trying to catch. Then we played a game of touch with Damon reffing.

Word Work

1 comment:

1. Camp sounded like so much fun! I think it is great how you enjoy learning about the history of things. I was so proud of you when some other parents told me what a cool kid you were on camp!

ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.