Friday 23 June 2017

Literacy Reflection W8 T2

This week for reading we got to choose a story that we wanted to read about in our groups. Our group chose a book called 'Katie's Mum'. Then we had to record the main parts using bullet points individually. 

We also had to write a description about a chosen family member. We had to include things about their looks and also about their personality. 

Laura
Have you got a favourite second cousin? I do. Her hair is short, silky and the colour of chocolate. She is medium height and has a long oval shaped face. Laura has lots of freckles (that she absolutely hates) which are mostly covered up because of all the makeup that she wears! She is very skinny and even though she looks like she has olive skin, it’s because of the spray-tans that she gets pretty regularly.

She loves hanging out with the family especially her favourite cousin (me) when we are over in Christchurch. Wherever we go if it’s the mall, Trampoline World, or to the movies she is probably going to be there with us.

Laura is definitely on the healthy side of things, like drinking water, but when it comes to treats and choosing a cook school activity, chocolate is always her first option.

One of her hobbies that she loves doing is running half-marathons. She does them in places like Wanaka & Queenstown. A whole lot of our other family members do the half-marathons too, so they have a little competition between each other.

All of her clothes that she has got in her cupboard are all over $200 each. She absolutely loves shopping especially for clothes. Some of her favourite brands are Ruby, Witchery and Country Road. She is so up to date with the latest fashion.

Something that she isn’t the best with is getting ready on time. She spends about an hour putting on makeup and probably half an hour putting on clothes. That’s why a lot of the family tell her, that we need to go an hour earlier than we actually do, so that she is all ready to go when we are.

Later this year she is moving down to Invercargill to live with her boyfriend. Luckily she can online shop because they don’t have her favourite shops down there.

Laura drives a little cream Mini Cooper and works as a nurse at Christchurch Hospital. The ward she works in is called ‘CHOC’ which is the child’s cancer ward. One of the reasons that she loves her job is because she gets to put happiness into their lives when she looks after them. She also has some really sad stories to tell about little kids losing their lives.

She is practically my Mum’s sister. One reason being that their Mums are sisters and their Dads are brothers. Another reason is that my family and Laura and her family are really close!

I am so lucky to have a cousin like Laura!

2 comments:

1. Shalom Reagan. It's Millah here!

I really like how you have added in lots of main points because it gives me lots of information about the book.

Next time you could add in a picture of the book.

Did you enjoy reading this book?

From Millah

ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rea
    I LOVE your description of Laura. You have written in a humorous way that keep me wanting to read more. You have used complex sentences, which make it interesting to read. You have been so motivated to write this description, wanting to finish it at home and even write more descriptions of other family members. I love it when you get excited about your work. I can't wait to read your next description! Who will you write about next? Love Mum

ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.