Friday 2 November 2018

Narrative Writing - Halloween

This week for writing Miss Power decided that we could do a Halloween narrative as it was Halloween on Wednesday. She asked us to find a scary photo from the website Literacy Shed to write about. I really enjoyed doing this as the spookiness of it really motivated me. It is not yet finished/edited but here it is.

















It was a cold, windy Tuesday night as I wake myself up to the windows open, curtains swaying and echoes running around my 4-story mansion.
Scared to death, I rapidly pull my sheets up, covering my whole body, hoping it’s only a huge, horrible dream. I start to doubt myself as when I look out the window, my eyes tired but slowly awakening, I discover several zombies, a graveyard, and hundreds of jack-o-lanterns.
Rushing through my head are screams of pain. As quick as a mouse skating out of sight of people, I am racing to get out of the house so I can attempt to attack these zombies. I pass my little sisters room, and hanging off the door handle is a little Annabelle doll. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!, I scream as loud as a police siren, and head off to the front entrance. The sooner I leave this house the better. I attempt to open the door but unexpectedly it’s locked. I try to work out why this peculiar thing is happening??!! Long, crinkly, dark green hands then cling on to my shoulders and 20 seconds later I am tied to a rope connected to the ceiling and being made to drink a neon green drink out of a shot glass. This shot glass is not just one that you can buy at your local supermarket, this glass has got a black skull on the side of it. I am wondering if this is enough to make me DIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.